Problem with newly created sub-folder

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Energise

Problem with newly created sub-folder

Post by Energise »

Using Tb v 60.9.1 (Yes, I appreciate this is old version but have reasons to keep to this version just now)
on Windows 10 v 22H2 (64-bit)

I have just created a new sub-folder on Inbox (gmail.com a/c) which I have done previously. However, this time, I'm unable to move any emails into it, nor can I delete it. I've tried creating a Filter, to see if that might help, but (filtered) emails only arrive in my Inbox, not filtered.

I've tried to delete it, as it's clearly of no use, but I can't delete it either.

Please can someone help either to have the sub-folder working or to delete it?

Many thanks
morat

Re: Problem with newly created sub-folder

Post by morat »

Try logging into the web site with a browser and removing the folder or label.

Remember to exit Thunderbird before logging into the web site.

If you remove the folder on the hard drive, then I believe the app will recreate the folder.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Have you tried shutting down Thunderbird and restarting it?
Energise

Post by Energise »

Thanks morat
I've just tried but gmail webmail is not opening just now. I'll try again shortly.
I appreciate your quick response. I'll report back, should this not work. Otherwise, will leave you undisturbed ;) Again, thanks :)
Energise

Post by Energise »

morat

I've been to the web mail site and discovered there were emails in the folder. So, the sub-folder is working now. Strange. Maybe it just needed Tb to be close and re-opened, or something.
However, more learnt - When/if I have further issues, I'll close and re-open Tb, check webmail etc, before posting an issue ;)
Thanks again :)
Energise

Post by Energise »

DanRaisch wrote:How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Have you tried shutting down Thunderbird and restarting it?
Thanks very much
I think posts must have been sent with only slight time difference so you may have read my response already ;)
As you will see, it's sorted now.
Thanks again :)