Non-existant domain

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Alwain

Non-existant domain

Post by Alwain »

I'm trying to post to several recipients. It looks like some adresses are not functioning so Thunderbird doesn't let it go through.
I get this alert message: An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: RCPT adress has non-existant domain... Please check the message recipients and try again.

Now I can't check the recipients manually, because that would mean I have to send one mail at a time, and that won't work. Is there any solution for this. Can the alert be turned off? If some addresses aren't functioning then it doesn't bother me that the mail won't reach them.
DanRaisch

Re: Non-existant domain

Post by DanRaisch »

How many recipients are on that message? Could you send it out as two (or more) messages with part of the recipient list on each? That would narrow down the set of possible invalid addresses.
Alwain

Post by Alwain »

I tried with Gmail, and it didn't give any problem. Those email's that weren't functioning got returned to me after a while with an error message.
How many email's I send depends. I use it for my blog.
But I rather use Thunderbird than Gmail as more functionality is Thunderbird. On Thunderbird I use different SMTP provider.
Alwain

Post by Alwain »

Is there an option to turn this off?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Not that I am aware of.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

associati,
I split your post off to here, as this thread died on the 12th Jan 2009.

ref; > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3036439

Locking this oldie.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)