MozillaZine

window size is not persistent between launches of TB

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
alosca

Post Posted March 19th, 2009, 12:37 am

I have installed thunderbird 2.0.0.19 on a fresh Kubuntu intrepid 8.10 and I am having a problem which seems to remote to the early days (0.1) of thunderbird: the window size is not being remembered between launches. I resize the main window, read an email, and then quit. When I launch again thunderbird the window size goes back to its original small size. Likewise the new message compose window.

Some solutions I tried to no avail:
- delete localstore.rdf. done that, the problem persists
- created a new fresh profile and performed the window resizing as described above; no help

The profile I am using was copied from another machine, same OS, running the same 2.0.0.19 version.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?
Many thanks,
- Alex.

alosca

Post Posted March 19th, 2009, 1:29 am

Anonymous wrote:I have installed thunderbird 2.0.0.19 on a fresh Kubuntu intrepid 8.10 and I am having a problem which seems to remote to the early days (0.1) of thunderbird: the window size is not being remembered between launches. I resize the main window, read an email, and then quit. When I launch again thunderbird the window size goes back to its original small size. Likewise the new message compose window.

Some solutions I tried to no avail:
- delete localstore.rdf. done that, the problem persists
- created a new fresh profile and performed the window resizing as described above; no help

The profile I am using was copied from another machine, same OS, running the same 2.0.0.19 version.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?
Many thanks,
- Alex.
Problem solved. I realized that it is KDE and not Thunderbird that dictates windows behavior. Using Advanced -> Special Windows Settings one can set windows behavior on a per application basis.

Return to Thunderbird Support