Import from Outlook Express with Multiple Identities

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
crgauth

Import from Outlook Express with Multiple Identities

Post by crgauth »

I am running Outlook Express with Multiple Identities (the rest of my family each has their own). When I run the import tool and say from Outlook express, it only gets the ones from the default identity. Does Thunderbird recongize them? Can it do the same? Can I password protect my mailbox so no one can come in and read my mail?
Thanks
Robert
eastrebel2004

Post by eastrebel2004 »

I presume you mean that you have multiple email addresses, some of which are yours and some members of your family within one OE interface? This should present no problem within Thunderbird though you can only password protect the left side window pane in general, so once access is gained then all addresses are available. But read more about Thunderbird on the site, especially the link to Thunderbird help and the 10 section Introduction to Thunderbird.
Firefox/v1.0 WinXP SP2
Thunderbird 0.9
crgauth

Post by crgauth »

I don't think I have the configuration you describe. When I start OE, I get to choose what identity (ie whose inbox) I want to go to. Similar to the profiles in THunderbird. I am having problems importing from one specific identity (mine). All I get is mail in deaulft identity inbox.
eastrebel2004a

Post by eastrebel2004a »

Ok. Can't really help you then. I've never actually used OE, Just MS Office Outlook. It may well be an issue with OE rather than Thunderbird.

Good luck.
crgauth

Post by crgauth »

I figured it out. In order to import the messages and settings, use the manage identities function. There is an option to select which identity you want to use if a program doesn't ask. Just select the appropriate indentity and import away.