Right click to send email. Quit after Tbird update

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
DanRaisch

Re: Right click to send email. Quit after Tbird update

Post by DanRaisch »

Sheesh. Nice attitude. And after you paid for their product too.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

It may be hard-wired in their product to use Outlook (similar to Firefox being able to override the system default), in which case not much can be done about it...
Premier Brands

Post by Premier Brands »

rsx11m wrote:It may be hard-wired in their product to use Outlook (similar to Firefox being able to override the system default), in which case not much can be done about it...

well, that puts me in a real jam. Does that mean I have to revert to using Outlook for my email? I certainly wouldn't want to use 2 parallel email programs, and since the bulk of my email correspondence is initiated by outgoing emails from within Quickbooks, it spells the end of Thunderbird for Quickbooks users.
We (both users and most especially Mozilla programmers) have got to put our thinking caps on and find a workaround!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

What you need to do is complain to Quicken about their limiting the functionality of their application by hard wiring it to use Outlook for mail.
azher

Post by azher »

Hi,

I have a similar problem for Word 2003 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.23. In Word 2003 File->Send To -> Mail Recipient (for review) is grey. However I can see Mail Recipient as Adobe Pdf and that works. Any solution ? Also the icons for Email ToolBars in Word 2003 are greyed.

Thanks
-Azher
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

azher, you have a different problem. Please start a new topic to avoid confusion in this one.
kermalou

Post by kermalou »

I have this problem as well using Windows 7. My major problem is that some of my programs have no problem sending the file as an attachment while other programs give me a MAPIlogon failure and others straight up use Outlook (Acrobat). I have done the registry fix and I have also done the Mail Recipient fix with no success. I have also reinstalled TB and installed one of the nightly fixes as well.

This is getting to be annoying, why doesn't it just work?
phamus8

Post by phamus8 »

Adakash
Thanks that worked it was a little different in windows 7, it was actually less steps there was no path to set.I guess it does it automatically.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Great.
Now locking this oldie.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)