Right click to send email. Quit after Tbird update

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
dieten-dutch

Re: Right click to send email. Quit after Tbird update

Post by dieten-dutch »

Dear all,

Grace to the fantastic work of the Mozilla developers, we have this great open programs, that we can configure at our own will.
They prepared also a simple solution for the bug in update 2.0.0.22 :
go to : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=499958#c13
and click there on the header: Created an attachment (id=384731) and a .reg file will be downloaded.
open it and the "copy to e-mail recipient" will function again. =D>

all the Best
ferdinand
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

... that simple solution didn't work for some users here as it makes certain assumptions (see last post on the previous page), but thanks for reiterating that. The 64-bit version is a couple of comments down in that bug report.
stuffdone

Post by stuffdone »

I tried the manual version. It does not work

The right click icon is still absent. Even when I create it using the command line argument suggested and(0r) this "fix" the best I can achieve is the launching of Thunderbird if it is not already running. It does not open a new compose email with the file attached.

The "utility" assumes default installation to C"\ drive. I need a solution for installation in another drive that works.
stuffdone

Post by stuffdone »

Note...I also tried the download .reg file, edited to correct to the path on my machine.

Still no icon in the right click context menu....

Post by Guest »

My whole Thunderbird directory is gone in the registry after the update.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

You are talking about HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Mozilla Thunderbird not being present at all in the registry? In that case, I'd go with a reinstall (2.0.0.22 or 2.0.0.21) after cleaning up the installation folder. This should hopefully reestablish all necessary registry entries during installation.
stuffdone

Post by stuffdone »

In my case the registry entry is there as expected.
cscotech

Post by cscotech »

akren wrote:HELP!
I'm so frustrated right now. I am having the same issues as everyone else and I'm afraid I made things worse. I tried all the suggestions and still nothing. Now when I right click I don't even see the area that used to say "mail recipeient" It totally dissapeared.
Karen

You can always attach files from within Thunderbird using the 'Attach' button in the compose window. Different process but the same end result.
cscotech

Post by cscotech »

stuffdone wrote:Note...I also tried the download .reg file, edited to correct to the path on my machine.

Still no icon in the right click context menu....

I'm pretty sure the Mail Recipient from the right-click context menu not being there is different that what most people are experiencing which is the lack of response from the same icon or an error message when using the mail function from within a particular program.

If I were you I would concentrate your efforts on restoring the Mail Recipient icon through general Windows trouble-shooting. I don't believe your error was caused by or is linked to the particular Thunderbird bug this thread deals with.
stuffdone

Post by stuffdone »

Off Topic.

Does not relate to the issue of this topic which is how to restore the lost right click item to send attachments. ( right click context menu item "sendto" )
stuffdone

Post by stuffdone »

stuffdone wrote:Off Topic.

Does not relate to the issue of this topic which is how to restore the lost right click item to send attachments. ( right click context menu item "sendto" )

If you have read the entire thread you will see it is related. The icon ceased to function with the Tbird upgrade as reported by many people and acknowledged as a bug in the upgrade.

In the course of following many suggestions to "fix" this problem I no longer even have that Icon.

(a) I need to restore that send to icon
(b) I need to make it work as it did prior to the upgrade

Thanks.
Guest A

Post by Guest A »

My problem with the new Thunderbird update was not being able to right click on a picture and send to Mail Recipient... but Adakash's great step-by-step instructions fixed the problem - thanks a lot!!
stuffdone

Post by stuffdone »

I have yet found a solution here that worked.

Post by Guest »

@adakash

thanks, worked great at me!
evilRafael

Post by evilRafael »

Adakash wrote:I run Thunderbird on Vista, and "send to mail recipient" context menu stopped working properly after update to 2.0.0.22 version.
But I have found solution.
You should check \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Mozilla Thunderbird in your registry.
If key DDLPath is empty, just write down there location of your mozmapi32.dll (most probably C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozmapi32.dll).
I hope it will work for you too.

Worked for me too, thanks a lot :)