quino69

Re: Right click to send email. Quit after Tbird update

Post by quino69 »

Worked with me!
thanks
Luke2

Post by Luke2 »

Wow. Glad I'm not an admin who rolled out thunderbird. I just spent about three hours on this for my own machine, with no luck. (64 bit Windows 7 build 7100.) Hopefully a working update will come out at some point.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

The patch for 2.0.0.23 in the relevant bug report is still pending approval from the release drivers, I can't tell though why getting the fix into the code drags on.

For 64-bit Windows 7, the Vista hotfix referred to a couple of pages ago may work.
main188

Post by main188 »

my registry has no DLLpath under mozilla.
Anyone there know if Moz are working on a fix for this for dummies like me.
I can give it a try creating this if someone can give me the specifics please.
sweetpea76

Post by sweetpea76 »

That worked for me - thank you!!!!

Post by Guest »

Adakash Thank you _ you saved my bacon too. :-"
stuffdone

Post by stuffdone »

I am still without a working solution for Windows 2000...
«dmx_must_fly»

Post by «dmx_must_fly» »

did what ADAKASH wrote
nothing
did what he wrote before - changing the registry and it worked like magic
thank a lot
I am writing on behalf of 2 people
bunchofmorons

Post by bunchofmorons »

Adakash wrote:I run Thunderbird on Vista, and "send to mail recipient" context menu stopped working properly after update to 2.0.0.22 version.
But I have found solution.
You should check \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Mozilla Thunderbird in your registry.
If key DDLPath is empty, just write down there location of your mozmapi32.dll (most probably C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozmapi32.dll).
I hope it will work for you too.

I was referred to this thread by another poster. Just wanted to thank you for providing a solution for my problem.
taxpeter

Post by taxpeter »

Adakash;

thanks, you solved my problem.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

stuffdone wrote:I am still without a working solution for Windows 2000...

If you want to give it another try, I'd probably go with cleaning out your current TB installation, making sure that the MAPI-Send To shortcut works properly again, and then install 2.0.0.21 as a fallback until 2.0.0.23 comes out with the real fix.
  1. Uninstall Thunderbird from your custom location, remove your E:\Program Files\Internet\Thunderbird manually then, maybe even check the registry for any residual entries to be sure nothing is left (your settings are kept in the profile and should be safe);
  2. in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Send To, recreate the Mail Recipient.MAPIMAIL file (note the space between "Mail" and "Recipient.MAPIMAIL");
  3. start Outlook Express and let it make itself the default client;
  4. double-check that the right-click shortcut works again;
  5. assuming that 2.0.0.22 with a custom location wouldn't work again, download a fresh installer for 2.0.0.21 and run it with your custom settings;
  6. start Thunderbird and make it the default client (you may need to go into Tools > Options > General to check manually).
Maybe this thorough procedure restores the function for you again, it is my understanding that you've tried one or the other thus far but not a complete cleanout/rollback/reinstall yet.
photogal13

Post by photogal13 »

Please help. Suddenly I am unable to just click and email from Picassa through my Thunderbird email. It always worked, but suddenly I get a message indicating that Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.22. Now when I click to email photos from my Picassa tray this error message pops up:
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Pleas run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I am too much of a newbie for complicated fixes. Help, I'm so worried I will no longer be able to email photos from Picassa, and I am NOT swtiching to MS Outlook!

Thank you if you can help.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

The easiest fix which worked for many using the default configuration is to download the full installer from http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/ and to just over-install it onto the current version. You can also let Outlook make itself the default e-mail client and then start Thunderbird again, which should prompt you for making it the default e-mail application. If neither works, look at the previous pages of this and other threads for hints how to resolve it.
Glooom

Post by Glooom »

Adakash wrote:I run Thunderbird on Vista, and "send to mail recipient" context menu stopped working properly after update to 2.0.0.22 version.
But I have found solution.
You should check \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Mozilla Thunderbird in your registry.
If key DDLPath is empty, just write down there location of your mozmapi32.dll (most probably C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozmapi32.dll).
I hope it will work for you too.

works thx you saved me lots of hassle