can't open thunderbird as says still running

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
deb2

can't open thunderbird as says still running

Post by deb2 »

I have just installed thunderbird and created a new account and it opened OK 1st time. I then closed and tried to open it again and I got a window which said "Thunderbird stillrunning but not responding. Close it or restart computer".IThere was no tab or other indication that Thunderbird still running and so no way to close it. I restarted computer but same message. I have uninstalled Thunderbird and re set it up - same problem. I then uninstalled it again, and deleted Thunderbird Download , redownloaded it afresh , reinstalled it and restarted the computer and I still get the same message!! If I go into 'Programs' under Mozilla, there is both Thunderbird and Thunderbird(safe mode) listed but I can't access them separately. If I go into 'remove program ' in control panel there is only one Thunderbird listed. HELP!!
DanRaisch

Re: can't open thunderbird as says still running

Post by DanRaisch »

tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

cecr

Post by cecr »

|I sometimes get this with Firefox if I close it down and then try to restart it straight away. There must be something still left in the memory that hasn't ended when I restart. If I give the app a few seconds after it looks like its closed, it doesn't happen.

My guess is perhaps the same is happening to you. Try giving TB a few seconds to shut completely before you restart it