Thunderbird Thinks account is invalid

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird Thinks account is invalid

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. The New Account Wizard in 3.x is a bit buggy and does seem to want to identify all accounts as IMAP for some reason. Glad to hear you worked it out.
Guest88

Post by Guest88 »

I have similar problem with yahoo account. Thunderbird thinks account is invalid. Any idea? Thanks.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

* Which version of Thunderbird? Check Help>About for the version number.
* What is the exact wording of the error message (if any) that you are receiving?
* Is that a free US based Yahoo! email account?
* Without divulging your e-mail address or account name, what are your server settings, including server name, port number, and choice for "Secure Connection" for:
+ Tools>Account Settings>*account*>Server Settings?
+ Tools>Account Settings>Outgoing Server (SMTP) (at the bottom of the list of accounts on the left)>*server*>Edit?
vamtheanomaly

Post by vamtheanomaly »

Chrono Reaper wrote:Found the Problem...none of what you told me was it, I had to UnlockCaptcha: https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha

Gmail needed a reset with the connetion with Thunderbird, sorry for my last rant, I'm not feeling good, and I'm a person who hates giving up.

This was the problem for me that captcha crap. They need to get rid of this POS security measure. It does NOTHING but cause problems for legit users.
Guest88

Post by Guest88 »

* Which version of Thunderbird? Check Help>About for the version number.
* What is the exact wording of the error message (if any) that you are receiving?
* Is that a free US based Yahoo! email account?
* Without divulging your e-mail address or account name, what are your server settings, including server name, port number, and choice for "Secure Connection" for:
+ Tools>Account Settings>*account*>Server Settings?
+ Tools>Account Settings>Outgoing Server (SMTP) (at the bottom of the list of accounts on the left)>*server*>Edit?
\\-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you DanRaisch.
Thunderbird version is 3.1. Error massage: "Username or password invalid", when I can log in through Firefox. Yes, it is free US based yahoo account.

Incoming POP(995 by default) pop.mail.yahoo.com SSL/TLS
Outgoing SMTP(465 by default) smtp.mail.yahoo.com SSL/TLS
I did install yPOPs.
Neville

Post by Neville »

DanRaisch wrote:The New Account Wizard in 3.x is a bit buggy and does seem to want to identify all accounts as IMAP for some reason.

That is interesting Dan, particularly in view of our earlier exchange.

Have you reported this to Bugzilla?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You can't connect directly to a free US Yahoo email account using Thunderbird. Yahoo does not provide POP server support for such accounts.

http://webmail.mozdev.org/
and http://groups.google.com/group/thunderb ... sion/files (for the latest versions)

Neville, I'm not sure what exchange you're referring to. I did not personally report it to Bugzilla but the developers are aware of the problem.
deftdrummer

Post by deftdrummer »

Thank you so much for the Capcha solution! I have been struggling for the past few days trying to get both my mail app on OSX and also thunderbird for my W7 machine to work to no avail.

I knew something was up on the google accounts end of things since both clients are renowned for their features and reliability. I just couldn't understand it. I checked all the imap settings and disabled / re-enabled them as well.

Thanks so much for the link and explanation for this fix!
tyvm kind sir =P

Post by tyvm kind sir =P »

Chrono Reaper wrote:Found the Problem...none of what you told me was it, I had to UnlockCaptcha: https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha

Gmail needed a reset with the connetion with Thunderbird, sorry for my last rant, I'm not feeling good, and I'm a person who hates giving up.

THANK YOU. omg was looking forever to find the fix.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking this thread due to the age of the original posts. It will be available for reading but no new posts will be accepted.