MozillaZine

Restore deleted account, recover message

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Claudio Solano

Post Posted March 8th, 2010, 9:50 am

Hi someone,
I created a second account with Mozilla Thunderbird and "deleted" (?) the old one. However, going to Tools > Accounts Settings the settings for my old account are still there. I now receive messages via my new as well as old accounts, although I cannot reply to the messages which arrived via my old account successfully (replied messages cannot be 'Sent', nor Saved nor placed as Draft: they simply disappear). My questions: a) How can I reactivate fully my old account? b) Being able to reactivate it or not, is it possible to recover any reply message placed as a Draft?
Many thanks!
cs.

DanRaisch

Post Posted March 8th, 2010, 1:01 pm

Post Posted March 9th, 2010, 5:48 am

Thanks DainRash,

I've done that and it says:

1. Start Thunderbird and create a new mail account, using the same email address and server settings as the account you deleted.
2. It will create a new account directory with a numeric suffix. For example, if your old mail account directory was pop.gmail.com it will create a pop-gmail-1.com.

Well, it doesn't create a new account because it says: "There is another account with these details. Change the name of the account". And I can't continue.

Many thanks anyway.
claudio.

DanRaisch

Post Posted March 9th, 2010, 8:34 am

That article wrote:If for some reason this doesn't work you can import each folder using the ImportExportTools extension. Each folder is stored as a text file with the folders name and no file extension (a mbox file) in a directory named after the accounts mail server in the profile . For example, if you wanted to import the inbox folder for gmail you'd select the "Mail\pop.gmail.com\inbox." file. Ignore the inbox.msf and inbox.sbd files.

Return to Thunderbird Support