No new mail notification

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
scient

Re: No new mail notification

Post by scient »

i just unchecked the options in general and configure, closed the window, reopened it and re-checked them, it seems to be working now
bananaboy79

Post by bananaboy79 »

I'm using TB 11.0.1 under Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, with an IMAP account and a bunch of folders under the inbox, and my new mail notifications won't work unless I run TB as administrator (i.e. right-click shortcut->run as administrator, or right-click shortcut->properties->compatibility->run as administrator). This is really annoying though because every time I run TB it pops up the UAC warning.

Also unless I run as admin, the only folder that seems to get checked automatically for new mail is the inbox. Sub-folders aren't set to bold with the new mail count unless I click on them. Running as admin makes everything work, but it's annoying because every time I run TB Windows pops up the UAC dialogue. I'm sure this was all working in a recent previous version though. Has anyone else noticed this?
guest372

Post by guest372 »

i just unchecked the options in general and configure, closed the window, reopened it and re-checked them, it seems to be working now

Thanks. That worked for me w/ Thunderbird 11.0.1 on XP.

Post by Guest »

I run the same OS and use the ExQuilla (Windows Exchange server) extension. Neither running TB as administrator nor re-applying the settings for automatic checks (every 5 minutes) will cause TB to check any folder including Inbox.

Günter

bananaboy79 wrote:I'm using TB 11.0.1 under Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, with an IMAP account and a bunch of folders under the inbox, and my new mail notifications won't work unless I run TB as administrator (i.e. right-click shortcut->run as administrator, or right-click shortcut->properties->compatibility->run as administrator). This is really annoying though because every time I run TB it pops up the UAC warning.

Also unless I run as admin, the only folder that seems to get checked automatically for new mail is the inbox. Sub-folders aren't set to bold with the new mail count unless I click on them. Running as admin makes everything work, but it's annoying because every time I run TB Windows pops up the UAC dialogue. I'm sure this was all working in a recent previous version though. Has anyone else noticed this?
grisu

Post by grisu »

Hi there,
still struggeling with email notification, using TB 13.0.1 on windows xp.
I tried to delet all *.msf files, after resart of TB it works fine with the notification.
After I closed TB an start it again the notification ist not working anymore.

any suggestion?

grisu
tbsux

Post by tbsux »

mycopok wrote:I had the same problem with tb 3.1.x under windows 7.
The problem has disappeared when I've changed compatibility settings for thunderbird:

Tb shortcut / Properties / Compatibility / Change settings for all users /
[x] Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)

this did NOT fix my problem!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Well, after a year it's doubtful that mycopok is still monitoring this thread to realize it didn't help you. If you require support please create a new topic and provide details of the problem you are having.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.