MozillaZine

Refused connection

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jo440

Post Posted June 13th, 2010, 8:54 am

I just installed Thunderbird 3.0.4 and now I can't connect to my email account. I get the following message-"The connection was refused when attempting to contact live.mozillamessaging.com." So how do I solve this problem, or should I just go back to the previous release. I can get my mail through my providers web page, but would prefer to use Thunderbird. Help!

Daifne

Post Posted June 13th, 2010, 9:10 am

Are you trying to use live.mozillamessaging.com as your server name? That is not a valid server name for any email account. Who is your email account with?
JE SUIS CHARLIE
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” ― Harlan Ellison
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

jo440

Post Posted June 13th, 2010, 9:27 am

My email account is with Frontier. It's a rural server where I live in Idaho. I can find no instance of live.mozillamessaging.com anywhere in my T-Bird settings. They all seem to point at frontiernet.net like they're supposed to. I'm also getting the message: Could not connect to server pop3.frontiernet.net; the connection was refused. I understand that the new T-Bird settings are imported from previous version and that there may be some glitches. So what gives.

Daifne

Post Posted June 13th, 2010, 10:00 am

What firewall are you using?
JE SUIS CHARLIE
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” ― Harlan Ellison
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

jo440

Post Posted June 13th, 2010, 11:24 am

I use Trend Micro Internet Security. So I turned off the firewall and now TBird will connect. I don't like turning off the firewall, but I did it.

Daifne

Post Posted June 13th, 2010, 11:31 am

Remove Thunderbird from the firewall and allow it again when TM asks you for permission again.
JE SUIS CHARLIE

Return to Thunderbird Support