Want to "undo" show remote content

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
backslap

Re: Want to "undo" show remote content

Post by backslap »

Yes! This is what I desperately want also! ClaireOKC has expressed my frustration perfectly here!

We need to be able to undo the action of having clicked on the "Always load remote content from ..." link - especially on a case-by-case basis!

We may have inadvertently clicked it!

We may now be in a remote location with a slow connection and can't use Thunderbird because it insists on downloading all images for some emails - not normally a problem with fast connection but not all of us are always near one!

Kind though they may be, the suggestions so far are not really for this actual problem.

Please note Thunderbird has not created any address book entry (in any of my address books) for any of the domains I clicked "Always load remote content from ...".

So far from having searched the code I'm guessing Thunderbird creates a flag in the in email itself as they arrive - according to whether the "Always load remote content from ..." link has been clicked for that sender (but it doesn't create any flag if it has not).

As for ClaireOKC this is exactly what I'm trying to re-achieve also:

ClaireOKC wrote:
from this:

back to this:

All suggestions welcome!
Last edited by backslap on September 22nd, 2010, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
iffe

Post by iffe »

Remove sender address from thunderbird own ADDressbook and youre done.
backslap

Post by backslap »

Thanks user: iffe, but as I have stated previously this does not work for us.

I have no entries at all in any address book at all in any way listing the couple of domains I have allowed to "Always load remote content from ...".

There are no entries at all even listing the company names or anything remotely resembling their domain names that I can find searching in any type of ascii search-able type of file - including the mabs and sqlite files anywhere in my user-data/profile folders or in the install folders!

Has anyone else got any ideas please?
h16h

Post by h16h »

1. Locate From address in ADDRESS BOOK.
2. Right click address and click Properties.
3. Uncheck "Allow Remote Content"
and Save.
backslap

Post by backslap »

Thanks user: Guest, but as we have stated previously this does not work for us - we are only talking about entries that are not listed in any address book!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->General tab->click on "Config Editor" button.
Enter "mailnews.message_display.disable_remote_image" in the Filter field.
If that is currently set to "False" right click on the entry and select "Toggle" to set it to "True".
vodhner

Post by vodhner »

I keep seeing instructions saying to select Tools > Options.
There is no Options under Tools. I'm in 3.1.7 under Ubuntu.
As with previous poster, the email with remote images is not in my address book.
Hey can't you just tell me where this is stored and I can hack it out of the file?
lookaround dixiland22

Post by lookaround dixiland22 »

vodhner wrote:I keep seeing instructions saying to select Tools > Options.
There is no Options under Tools. I'm in 3.1.7 under Ubuntu.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... hunderbird
Churten

Post by Churten »

What's going on here is that thunderbird stores a flag in a local file saying that you allowed remote content for a specific message. There is no UI (yet) to revoke that permission for the message. You can, however, reset those permissions for all messages in a folder by closing thunderbird and deleting the .msf file for that folder.

For more info, see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=626988
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking due to old age.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)