MozillaZine

Invalid backend message

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mick73

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 9:53 am

Hello , as of today, I , and all other users are getting this message
" Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server pop.ntlworld.com responded: Invalid Backend "
This is happening on both my pc's. I am using 3.0.6.
The funny thing is, that , if i press ok, then press ' get mail ' sometimes i get the same message, sometimes my new messages appear. This problems seems totally random, I don't get it all the time.
Can you advise please, obviously my and my families emails are important. Thank you

Daifne

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 9:55 am

Have you contacted ntlworld to see if they are having a problem? If it's happening randomly and on all machines, that would be my first guess.

Edit: A Google search led me to some forums with lots of people complaining about this since yesterday, or maybe earlier. It does seem to be a problem with ntlworld.
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” ― Harlan Ellison
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

mick73

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 10:40 am

Daifne wrote: It does seem to be a problem with ntlworld.

Thanks for the speedy reply. You are probably right Daifne, I will wait till tomorrow.If it still persists,I will ring them. Thanks

Daifne

Post Posted July 27th, 2010, 10:43 am

You're very welcome.
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” ― Harlan Ellison
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

Return to Thunderbird Support