Thunderbird In box not working - Unified folder faulty

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Splash_Womble

Re: Thunderbird In box not working - Unified folder faulty

Post by Splash_Womble »

Deleted Smart Mailboxes folder, worked a treat thanks. (Used everything too).
frogstar007

Post by frogstar007 »

wcoppola wrote:Having spent a while trying to fix this I have found a solution that worked for me.

Shutdown TBird
Goto your profile folder
You will see a sub-folder under the Mail folder called 'smart mailboxes'
Delete this subfolder
Restart TBird
Hey presto

W

this worked for me thanks

Post by Guest »

Thevil wrote:Did you check the top-level folder Properties | Folders to search -> Choose...?
Mine were all cleared. Select appropriate - fix the issues.

Thanks a bunch! you saved my day!
Robotiq

Post by Robotiq »

For those of you who (like me) didn't get the solution to work and were frustrated with others having success but not having the same....after putting up with this issue for too long, I gave it another try.
On my machine there were two separate Thunderbird profile folders.
Deleting the "smart mailboxes" from the first below did not work.
Deleting the "smart mailboxes" from the 2nd below made it work on my installation.
<User>/App Data/Local/Thunderbird/Profiles/<someprofile.default>/Mail/smart mailboxes/
<User>/App Data/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/<someprofile.default>/Mail/smart mailboxes/
W7o1KuDaR

Post by W7o1KuDaR »

Thank you to all who posted. I suddenly had the same issue and had no idea what I might have done that triggered the change, an annoying one to say the least.

I deleted the "smart mailbox" (two, actually) with no change; I deleted the "panacea.dat" file with no change, I deleted ALL the .msf files I could find in the Profile AND deleted BOTH my "smart mailbox" AND the panacea.dat file. THAT did it.

You guys/gals really know your stuff, and I am grateful that you shared with all of us the potential solutions.

W7o1KuDaR