MozillaZine

Recurring Tasks do not regenerate

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
vjmescall

Post Posted August 19th, 2010, 6:49 am

I have recently begun using Thunderbird 3.1.2 as a potential alternative to Outlook. This is on a machine using Windows XP Pro. I have the Lightning add-on. So far it seems to be working fine but one problem is that Tasks that have been entered as recurring (not matter the recurrence interval) do not regenerate. Once I check them off as completed they never show in the Tasks pane again. They will show as completed if I select that option. I rely heavily on Tasks in Outlook and would like to know that Thunderbird/Lightning can handle this.

snafix

Post Posted August 19th, 2010, 7:09 am

I can confirm this on 3.1.2 for Mac, latest stable Lightning add-on installed. I set up the repeater to start today and to end in 10 years, with a daily repeat. Clicking the completed checkbox today caused all future repetitions to marked as completed. Pretty serious bug!
Ilyse Kazar, lead consultant
Bubble Up Change (tm)

Darwinizer

Post Posted April 9th, 2011, 10:27 pm

vjmescall wrote:I have recently begun using Thunderbird 3.1.2 as a potential alternative to Outlook. This is on a machine using Windows XP Pro. I have the Lightning add-on. So far it seems to be working fine but one problem is that Tasks that have been entered as recurring (not matter the recurrence interval) do not regenerate. Once I check them off as completed they never show in the Tasks pane again. They will show as completed if I select that option. I rely heavily on Tasks in Outlook and would like to know that Thunderbird/Lightning can handle this.

I am having the same problem. How soon will we have a fix? May have to use Evolution. Plz hurry.

Daifne

Post Posted April 9th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Register and start a new topic in the Calendar forum. I'm locking this old one.
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” ― Harlan Ellison
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

Return to Thunderbird Support