User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
When I try to forward or reply to a message, the message panel is blank, and there is no cursor. I can do both, and they are sent as I got them. I can also paste text (from Word) and send it--but I cannot see the text in the message panel. Also, when I try to write a new message I have to hit Write twice. If I hit it once, I get no cursor.
Is there a fix for these things?
Yes it does, and thanks for your reply. In working with the thing, I have found that I can double-click Write, Reply and Forward and get most of them to work (but not all). Occasionally, I can single-click, and they work. I think I can live with this situation, but I'd like to fix it if I can.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled TB, and that did not help. I am running XP Pro, SP3.
Thanks a lot. George
* Is this a new installation of Thunderbird? If not, did you recently update Thunderbird?
* Which version of Thunderbird? Check Help>About for the version number.
* What kind of mail - POP, IMAP?
* Are you using an antivirus and/or a firewall program? Which ones?
* Do you regularly compact your folders? Weekly or more often is strongly recommended. Check http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders for more information on compacting folders.
As I said, I uninstalled and reinstalled TB, and updated it after that. I just checked and there is no newer update. It is version 3.1.6. POP e-mail. I used Avast! Antivirus, and Comodo firewall--both free programs and up-to-date. My folders are compacted at least once a day.
I think it is strange that I can usually Write, Reply and Forward by double-clicking them.
DanRaisch - It is, apparently, working fine this morning. It's really strange to me.
I'd like to keep this open for a while and see what happens.
Let me add that it is very comforting knowing you are there to help.
You're welcome, and there is no problem leaving it open. Unless they become hopelessly out of date or the target for spam we don't close threads on these forums.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests