MozillaZine

Unified folder view is broken

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
quris

Post Posted December 21st, 2010, 9:28 am

Hi

For some reason I lost unified folder view. It does not even cycle in the menu. I have disabled all my extensions, but that did not help the problem at all. I am really not sure what is going on

using T 3.1.7 under WIndows7

thanks

DanRaisch

Post Posted December 21st, 2010, 11:23 am

See if this thread is helpful -- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1962695

quris

Post Posted December 21st, 2010, 11:52 am

Hi

I do not even get "unified folders" in my list of cycle. I can click under "view>folders>unified" but that does nothing at all. So it looks like the concwpt of "unified folders" does not exist anymore in my Thunderbird. It was working fine couple weeks ago.

DanRaisch

Post Posted December 21st, 2010, 12:16 pm

Close Thunderbird and navigate to the profile folder. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird
Locate the file foldertree.json and rename that file foldertreejson.old.
Locate all of the files in the profile with the extension .msf and delete those files.
Restart Thunderbird and cycle through the View options.

quris

Post Posted December 21st, 2010, 12:52 pm

DanRaisch wrote:Close Thunderbird and navigate to the profile folder. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird
Locate the file foldertree.json and rename that file foldertreejson.old.
Locate all of the files in the profile with the extension .msf and delete those files.
Restart Thunderbird and cycle through the View options.

DanRaisch

Thanks for your help but that did not help me either :(

When I start with a fresh profile I get the unified folder back. I tried exporting and importing my emails and extensions into a new profile, but that did make unified folders work either

puzzled

DanRaisch

Post Posted December 21st, 2010, 8:27 pm

How did you import your "emails and extensions into the new profile"?

soundbite

Post Posted March 9th, 2011, 7:29 pm

quris wrote:I do not even get "unified folders" in my list of cycle. I can click under "view>folders>unified" but that does nothing at all. So it looks like the concwpt of "unified folders" does not exist anymore in my Thunderbird. It was working fine couple weeks ago.

Exactly the same problem here. Was working with Exchange IMAP account until I added Google IMAP. Now I can't get it to display the Unified Folders view. It just displays the normal tree-by-account view when I click it.

Return to Thunderbird Support