All SENT are marked "this is a draft message" - Why?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
DanRaisch

Re: All SENT are marked "this is a draft message" - Why?

Post by DanRaisch »

The column is called "Recipient" rather than "To".
NikkePitt

Post by NikkePitt »

DanRaisch wrote:The column is called "Recipient" rather than "To".

Ahhh, how stooopid of me not to see that one, Thanx!

Another thing:

http://i54.tinypic.com/n30myw.jpg

When you go to any mail anywhere, and click on it - SEE the Pic! - the line is blue.
But when you click somewhere else, like in the mail itself, the line turns grey, which makes it - almost - impossible to see WHERE the mail is among the lines of all other mails.

It would be nice if the line of the mail being displayed below, could remain Blue, even if i've clicked somewhere else.

/NP!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If you click somewhere else, the message you had selected no longer has focus so it is not shown in the color of the object which does have focus.
NikkePitt

Post by NikkePitt »

Hi, again!

I just wrote a mail, and used Send Later.

And then it stayed in the OUTbox.
Good.

When i later wanted to send the mail away, i RightclickedTheMail > EditAsNew, and clicked SEND.
And it sent it, but there was still a copy left in the OUTbox.

And i don't think it should be, it should be deleted, and only the copy in the SENTbox should remain.
It's no biggie at all - i just deleted it, but anyway, an unnecessary step to have to do.

/NP!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're not taking into account that the developers did not anticipate your very unique use of the application.

There was no reason to use "Edit As New" UNLESS you specifically wanted to create a duplicate of the message in question. If you only wanted to send it without editing, the correct procedure would have been to use menu path File->Sent Unsent Messages. And, if you DID intend from the beginning to edit that message, it should have been saved to the Drafts folder, not to the Outbox.
NikkePitt

Post by NikkePitt »

DanRaisch wrote:You're not taking into account that the developers did not anticipate your very unique use of the application.

Sorry, but i don't think that's unique in any way.
All people I know that's been using OE for years, have always done so.

There was no reason to use "Edit As New" UNLESS you specifically wanted to create a duplicate of the message in question.

Perhaps i wanted to edit the mail before finally sending it, then how do i do that with a mail that De Facto IS in the OUTBox, without using the EditAsNew ??

If you only wanted to send it without editing, the correct procedure would have been to use menu path File->Sent Unsent Messages.

Ahhh, thanx, that is what i was looking for, and stooopidly enuff just rightclicked the mail, and thought it would be there, at the most natural place, but nooo...

And, if you DID intend from the beginning to edit that message, it should have been saved to the Drafts folder, not to the Outbox.

Well, as i said above, and have said before; to ME - a millions of others...! - the most natural place IS the Outbox, since in about 50% i need to correct something, 50% i can send directly after reading thru it.

Don'e EVER assume how other people reason when you write programs :-) !

/NP!
NosyLimey

Post by NosyLimey »

Just a guest looking for something else, but can't help wondering if you grumble about the shape of the windows when you board a plane. Are you related to Paris Hilton? Maybe you should get her to hire someone to write a program specially for you.
NikkePitt

Post by NikkePitt »

NosyLimey wrote:Just a guest looking for something else, but can't help wondering if you grumble about the shape of the windows when you board a plane. Are you related to Paris Hilton? Maybe you should get her to hire someone to write a program specially for you.

It seem you don't know this is an Open Source project = anyone can contribute, so even ideas are Ok to have.

I'm not like most people, you see, that shut up and suffer ...

And the only reason you involved Paris in this, must be that you're not getting any! :banana:
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

O.K. That's enough. Thank you.
No need for any snide remarks.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
NikkePitt

Post by NikkePitt »

Hi, again!

Just found out that it's very complicated to write an email in HTML, unless one already has the account set to HTML.

In Outlook Express one simply had to open the menu above while composing the mail, and chose HTML.

In TB one has to close the mail, go to >>Tools>Account Settings>Composition and .. to change the setting, or is there an easier way to be able to write mail in HTML only now and then ?!

Of course there should be a menu choice for that while composing the mail!

/NP!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Just hold down the Shift key when clicking on the "Write" button to toggle composition of that new message to HTML if you are in Plain Text by default.
NikkePitt

Post by NikkePitt »

DanRaisch wrote:Just hold down the Shift key when clicking on the "Write" button to toggle composition of that new message to HTML if you are in Plain Text by default.

Ahhh, Thanx, and it also worked when clicking Reply!

But it still should be in some menu when one has opened the new mail, since how will other people get to kow about this trick ?!

/NP!
NikkePitt

Post by NikkePitt »

Hi, again!

Why are Subject, To, From & Date a LOT larger when one prints a mail?

I want them more or less the same size as all other text in the mail, so where do one change the textsize for printed mails?

/NP!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Messages should print very much as they are displayed in Thunderbird. Are the header fields larger in that screen display?
NikkePitt

Post by NikkePitt »

DanRaisch wrote:Messages should print very much as they are displayed in Thunderbird. Are the header fields larger in that screen display?

As you can see on the mail above - Posted January 12th, 2011, 1:29 pm - that is what i see, and there's no difference in size of the letters in a normal - non-html - mails text, and its header.
(Of course some TEXT in an html-mail will be larger if it is formatted to be, but in my case it's the Subject, To, From & Date that are larger than the actual text in normal non-html mails)

Isn't there any place to set the text sizes of printed mails ?

/NP!