Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop.att.yah

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
gsjpom

Re: Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop.att

Post by gsjpom »

Update - my son the computer whiz (aren't they all??) configured a gmail account to feed into Thunderbird and now it is working fine, through gmail. Going to see how this works before I call tech support back and have to pay up for their help.
motor5622

Post by motor5622 »

I hope some one figures it out, I thought my trouble was with thunderbird so I tried 4 other programs (opera, pegasus, outlook and incredamail) and out of those only one worked and that was outlook no bitching or complaining about the password but I can't stand the way it works or how it just trashes all my mail.
motor5622

Post by motor5622 »

Ok I finally got it working again. I happens to stumble across someone having the same trouble with the same isp. It all boiled down to my droid for some reason (which was also there trouble) I don't why it happened cuz I've had my droid for better than 6 months and all was fine.
svis

Post by svis »

Hopefully this is useful :
I had the same trouble in thunderbird 6.0.2 and my yahoo accounts. In the last few days, message download worked only once. All my gmail accounts have been working fine with iMap downloads. Based on an issue I had with a calendar software and gcal on iPad where the software refused to sync with gcal because of a special character in the password, I changed my yahoo password to not have a special character, then thunderbird downloaded the messages without issues. Have tried couple of times now and it has worked everytime.
The odd thing is my gmail passwords have special characters and they download without issues!!
kneafseym

Post by kneafseym »

I have also been having the same issue. I quick using thunderbird. Just got moved to a new laptop, I have not imported my settings from the old laptop and have the same issue. sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. very frustrating. It appears above that there isn't a set solution, is that correct?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

These connection problems have many different variables. Because of this, these topics can get very confused if more than one person is helped. Please start a new topic so we can help both of you better. Thanks.