MozillaZine

text/calendar attachments hidden

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
drytoast

Post Posted March 12th, 2005, 4:28 pm

I just installed Thunderbird and I've got most of the stuff I want working. The only problem is people who send calendar invitations.

I know that there is no steadfast calendar integration at this time but I would still like to be able to save the text/calendar attachments to file and then import into Calendar/Sunbird. The problem is that the message display shows no attachments. When I view the message source, I can see two MIME sections, text/plain and text/calendar but I just get the text in the display, no attachments. I tried adding some stuff to the mimeTypes.rdf file but it didn't seem to help.

Is mimTypes the correct path or is this just a current issue? I've looked at the code but I'm not that familiar with it.

Here is the relavant data from the message with cut portions noted:

========================================

<header stuff>

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C525BF.C68C6C80"
Content-class: urn:content-classes:calendarmessage

<header stuff>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_002_01C525BF.C68C6C80
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<text here>

------_=_NextPart_002_01C525BF.C68C6C80
Content-class: urn:content-classes:calendarmessage
Content-Type: text/calendar;
method=REQUEST;
name="meeting.ics"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<calendar stuff here>

------_=_NextPart_002_01C525BF.C68C6C80--

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted March 13th, 2005, 4:12 am

I know this is no help to you, but when I have an attached .ics file in an e-mail, Thunderbird displays it as an attached file in the normal way. I changed the headers to look like your example, but this did not break it.

I can save the file, then import it into my calendar.

If I try to open the file directly from the e-mail when the Calendar extension is not already open, it opens and then hangs. If Calendar is already open, it opens the file as a new calendar.

My mimeTypes.rdf does not mention calendar.
Rod

drytoast

Post Posted March 18th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Well it turns out that its the multipart/alternative bit that is messing it up. It selects the text/plain as the section it wishes to display. If I change that to multipart/mixed I get all the text in the message display as well as the ability to open/saveAs the ics attachment as a file.

Now to figure out how to get Thunderbird to pick the text/calendar part over the text/plain part.

daniel_skapunk

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 1:18 pm

I had a similar problem.
I added a Content Type value in the windows xp registry to associate it with the text/calendar type and now everything works well.

I found the solution at:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=239292&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Hope it helps.

Daifne

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Er, this topic was from 2005. I really doubt that the OP is watching it any more. Please look at the dates the next time you offer help. Locking this ancient topic.
JE SUIS CHARLIE
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” ― Harlan Ellison
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

Return to Thunderbird Support