User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
This is happening running Thunderbird 7.0.1 on Windows 7 (Ultimate), MacOS X and Windows XP.
I have been replying to Craig's List ads using Thrunderbird forever and recently I started getting no replies to my emails. So I poked around and all my experiments seem to point to a problem between Thunderbird and Craig's List anonymizer remailer.
Here is what I did:
- Created an post on Craig's List.
- Using a number computers and operating systems (Windows 7, MacOS X, Windows XP), I replied to my ad using Thunderbird 7.0.1 as the email client. I NEVER received any answer.
- To make sure it wasn't a problem with my ad, I replied to it through using other mail clients (Android on my mobile phone, web interface for my regular mail account) and I received my reply to my craigslist post almost immediately. I also tried through my yahoo account and it worked like a charm.
- To make sure that Thunderbird was actually sending the email, I replied to my craigslist ad and cc'ed myself on the email. I received the "cc" email but never the "To" email.
So, my experiments seems to rule out:
- My craig's list post (since I can receive replies to my post when replied through Yahoo mail)
- My email provider / server (since I can reply to my Craigslist post through my regular email provider webmail interface)
This is just the weirdest... Any suggestion of other things to try?
Thanks. Here is an ad I just created and tested (still doesn't work with Tbird but works through Yahoo).
I just sent a reply from the support address of the firm I work for. While I am going out in a few minutes post here if you get it it. I am using the current version of Tbird.
"If you lock this, the Pentium IIs win." - anonymous
Thanks. Nothing so far.
Could you try to create yourself a CL post and reply to it using TBird as well as another mail client and see if it works or not?
I am having the same problem using latest version of Thunderbird under Win 7 Ultimate for the past few weeks. I was using Thunderbird as an alternate after finding using a Kmail client under Fedora 13 had similar intermittent problems which appeared linked to the length of reply in particular quoted content. On the Fedora system it appeared all mail clients were unreliable in replying to Craigslist ads. I couldn't determine what their parameters for black holing messages. I believe the problem with Craigslist is more than just an issue with Thunderbird.
I am using Thunderbird 7.0.1 and having the same problem. Is it the TB or is it the Craigslist?
I send a complaint to Craigslist, but I do not think they will reply.
i've been having this same problem recently! no matter which email account I send from using Thunderbird, they don't seem to get to the seller. But they don't send from the Gmail web interface either. it's really weird, I only have one att.net email address that works for replying to ads on craigslist, but since it's through yahoo I can't access it with Thunderbird IMAP....really weird....
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests