Send message error (possible abuse - Yahoo)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
troop0065

Re: Send message error

Post by troop0065 »

Guest wrote:same message here

Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information.

started today for no reason--TB must be compromised

Nothing to do with Yahoo. Eudora on the same machine sends fine--just TB is fubar.
bville

Post by bville »

Got the same message error today. Changed composition to Plain Text and now working fine.
Guest in Texas

Post by Guest in Texas »

Started this morning for me as well Am on ATT Uverse. And same error message. Can not forward anything - cannot send any attachments. CAN send plain text - WTF?
guest111

Post by guest111 »

Change send options to plain text & HTML and it works
SusanJoM

Post by SusanJoM »

Yup....it does...
but????
Isn't that a work-around that we shouldn't have to be employing???

I mean in the long run I hope someone will figure out how we can go back to using HTML AND Thunderbird too.....And for the short run, thank you for suggesting this work-around.
Texas Guest Again

Post by Texas Guest Again »

Exactly! Are we ALL on ATT Uverse??? Or is this some weird thing between Yahoo and Thunderbird????
troop0065

Post by troop0065 »

The non html text code worked here too- ISP is Rogers
Marc F

Post by Marc F »

I too have been unable to send out e-mails using Thunderbird since Friday night 3/9/12. From what I have read on several
forums so far, this is most like due to a change made on the AT&T/Yahoo servers that handle e-mail.
It appears that their Firewall/Intrusion Prevention/Spam blocking servers may have some new filtering
rules which are blocking HTML formatted messages. I changed my setting in Thunderbird to NOT use
HTML for my outgoing messages and now messages are being sent out. To change your outgoing message
text format to plain text in Thunderbird: "Tools"-->"Account Settings"-->"Composition and Addressing" and
UNCHECK "Compose Messages in HTML format". This is a Thunderbird workaround until until the issue is resolved.
Ray-Beez

Post by Ray-Beez »

Same messages here too. I called Rogers and they said it was a problem at my end...I told them it was not. They told me they do not support Thunderbird, so I said, ok, I use TB so I guess I'll cancel my account and go elsewhere. At that point they gave me a work order number and asked for a chance to solve this. I'm waiting...if not fixed, I'll leave Rogers and give my money to TekSavy
Texas Guest Again

For you with Rogers - do they use Yahoo's SMTP as well?

I was pissed at ATT since they wanted to charge me for tech support, even though they too do not support TB.... this is crapola. I reset my email to the new servers and the Plain Text fix. But I cannot forward anything with formatting in it or send attachments. This sucks.

This has the "new" ATT mail server settings.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp ... VYPYW-gKAH
TBluddite

Post by TBluddite »

Same problem - same non results from ATT support after an hour of "problem identification". Indicated it was a TB problem.

Note: Support representative indicated that a lot of the ATT support systems were down.
Texas Guest Again

Also ATT's website tried to send me to something that was supposed to be an Email Configuration program -

1) Didn't work with Firefox (bleh, I hate ie!)

2) When I went to ie anyway, the damned thing didn't support TB only the MS products...

Is this something they are doing purposely to mess with the third party folks???

In any case I HATE THIS!

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem as of this morning, worked fine last night. I get the same error message. Very frustrating, I too can send from the Yahoo website using mail but not Thunderbird. I went back to Mail on my Mac and it is working. Looks like Thunderbird and Yahoo have some type of conflict going on?
FrankSmith

Re: Send message error... "Solution"

Post by FrankSmith »

Try this for a temporary fix....

Tools, Account Settings, Composition,..... UnCheck "Compose in HTML format"
Close Thunderbird and Re-Start
windwooddr

Re: Send message error (possible abuse - Yahoo)

Post by windwooddr »

Same problem on Rogers-Yahoo. OE works fine. TB with plain text works. So is this a TB or a Yahoo problem?