Thunderbird hangs on send saying "attaching"

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
dantheman007

Re: Thunderbird hangs on send saying "attaching"

Post by dantheman007 »

it looks like disabling the auto save function may work......

Post by Guest »

I had this attaching problem too There was a smilies in the previous post I reply to..I deleted that smilie and the email was sent without the attaching problem
Jānis

Post by Jānis »

A work-around may be disabling the auto-save function.
Read more at the official Thunderbird bug tracker: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=532395
Muzza919

Post by Muzza919 »

Removing the pictures in the Emails below fixed the problem for me
Jānis

Post by Jānis »

Muzza919 wrote:Removing the pictures in the Emails below fixed the problem for me

I wouldn't call this fixing a problem… I want to quote the e-mail including its pictures.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It's not supposed to be a fix. It's a work around until Mozilla fixes the problem. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user community.
Abhijith Ramalingaiah

Post by Abhijith Ramalingaiah »

If there status problem seems to be "attaching....", then deleting image(if any) from that email chain should work.
CarlKras

Post by CarlKras »

I don't anticipate a fix anytime soon. This has been a problem for me continually through many previous updates. It is not a solution for me to remove all graphics as these are a part of my message.

The case this happens most is when I take a while to compose a message. My workaround is to highlight and copy my new message content to the clipboard. Then I create a new empty message or a new reply from a received message and paste my message contect and then send right away. Invariably, this works even if the resulting message is identical, character for character, graphic for graphic to the message that failed to send the first time. So it's not a particular message content that is causing the problem.
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy CarlKras,

would you please consider making a bug report at bugzilla? even if it gets duped to another existing bug, you have what seems to be significant info. the "file a bug" button on the main page walks you thru a fairly simple report process.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

if you _do_ file a bug, please post a link to it so i can add myself to the CC list and follow along. the bug does NOT hit me, so i haven't posted a report on it. i am quite curious as to what the cause of it all is, tho.

take care,
lee
J77

Post by J77 »

Hi, same problem here. I am running a mac. If I hit reply, just a simple reply it says attaching forever and then several minutes later it says the eamil failed. And I was attaching nothing, just replying.
Thanks,
J

Post by Guest »

Same hanging problem replying to emails Linux (Xubuntu), thunderbird 15.0
lovezombie

Post by lovezombie »

Stumbled onto this problem/bug a few times. Found a better workaround (in my opinion) by a Dutch guy.

Just proceed normally as you would do when replying to a message. When finished (probably works before typing as well) click edit, choose re-align (control +R) and you're done.
Worked for me , TB 15.0.
bastianschweinsteiger

Post by bastianschweinsteiger »

pressing ctrl+r then ctrl+z to undo it works well as a work around! Great find!

Post by Guest »

Ctrl+R doesn't work from me because it removes all the formatting, and in a corporate environment I need to keep the formatting and appearance. This is definitely a major bug and could even become a deal breaker, if we can't send the corporate signature panel.
kahorton

Post by kahorton »

I am running Thunderbird V17 under Windows XP, and have been seeing this problem for at least the last couple of versions now. I have not tried any of the workarounds mentioned, such as to disable auto-save. As others have indicated, I seem to see this problem when I take a long time to reply to a message. I then have to cut and paste the message into a new reply. If I type the reply quickly, then I have never seen the problem occur.