Mails disappear under mouse pointer

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Riccasoli

Re: Mails disappear under mouse pointer

Post by Riccasoli »

FOUND! It was QUICK FOLDERS ADD-on that caused the strange behaveour of TB. Now I upgraded again my version of Thunderbird from 13.0 to 16.1 and Disabled QuickFolders Addon and everithing works Good. I'll try to send a message to the developpers of this useful addon to see if they can resolve the problem.
Thanks everybody.
Ricardo
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. Thanks for reporting the source of your problem.
LBS8844

Post by LBS8844 »

I have this same issue...fresh Win7x64Pro install; Thunderbird 17.0.6. No Add-Ons installed. The one thing I did do is redirect my profile to the non-system storage (data) drive like I've done for many, many years with Thunderbird and Outlook/Express before that. Never keep any data on the system drive which is exclusively for OS and installed programs; easily imaged for simple/rapid restore at any point. The separate account folders for my 3 mail accounts work fine, but mouse-over in the global Inbox results in the same real-time message disappearing phenomenon. Not worried about losing messages (backed up 7 ways to Sunday), just more annoying that anything else.

RESOLVED: Allowing original C:\Users\...\Thunderbird\Profiles\XXXXXXX\Mail folder to exist with all messages IN CONJUNCTION with redirected pointer to same messages on Data Drive resulted in this Inbox ghosting and mouse-over disappearing messages phenomenon. ACTION: on C:\ renamed \Mail to \Mail.bak resolved issue completely (new C:\Users\...\Mail directory was auto-created upon TB startup which contained no messages, only baseline reference info). Subsequently moved \Mail.bak off C:\ as backup on external drive...All's Well. Thanks to all here for insight and ideas toward resolution.
see.s

Post by see.s »

I have the same problem with disappearing messages after hovering over them with cursor. I havent installed any TB addons or changed the messages folders (as far as I can remember).

Could any of you who has succeeded in resolving the problem please give me some instruction on how to check that my TB setting is really all right? Ive read the whole discussion but Im still at a loss about what to do since I cant remember what I might have done to make it malfunction...

That you all very much for any kind of help

A.
Tungsten69

Post by Tungsten69 »

I just had the same annoying problem. ](*,)

My fix:

Go to Users>XXX>AppData>Roaming>Thunderbird>Profiles>XXXXXXXX>Mail>smart mailboxes and rename Inbox to Inbox.old
TB will recreate the file and voilà, it works again like a charm. =D>