Return To Inbox when Deleting mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
6grapes

Return To Inbox when Deleting mail

Post by 6grapes »

Is there a way to have Thunderbird just take me back to my inbox after I have read and then deleted an email instead of opening the next email. I've looked everywhere, but can't find a setting for this.

Thanks.
Old Bozz

Re: Return To Inbox when Deleting mail

Post by Old Bozz »

6grapes wrote:Is there a way to have Thunderbird just take me back to my inbox after I have read and then deleted an email instead of opening the next email. I've looked everywhere, but can't find a setting for this.

Thanks.

Thunderbird Extension: Buttons!.
Delete! button that deletes the current message and closes the message window.
6grapes

Post by 6grapes »

bozz wrote:
6grapes wrote:Is there a way to have Thunderbird just take me back to my inbox after I have read and then deleted an email instead of opening the next email. I've looked everywhere, but can't find a setting for this.

Thanks.

Thunderbird Extension: Buttons!.
Delete! button that deletes the current message and closes the message window.
I tried to download the Thunderbird Extension you're talking about, however the system tells me it does not work with the most current version of Thunderbird.

I find it hard to believe there isn't a way to go back to the inbox after you delete an email.......
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Right click to save the extension and then go to Tools>Extensions to install.
6grapes

Post by 6grapes »

bozz wrote:Right click to save the extension and then go to Tools>Extensions to install.
I was able to download the buttons extension however it still does not work after making the selections in the options for the buttons. The program is still opening the next message rather than just taking me to the inbox after I delete the email I'm reading. This may make me stop using this program if it isn't possible.
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

I'm assuming you did get it installed. The buttons! only show in the window they were designed for. Open a message>right click on the toolbar and select Customize> then drag the Delete! button to the toolbar. Refer back to the thread I posted. You'll see different windows have different button! functions.
6grapes

Post by 6grapes »

bozz wrote:I'm assuming you did get it installed. The buttons! only show in the window they were designed for. Open a message>right click on the toolbar and select Customize> then drag the Delete! button to the toolbar. Refer back to the thread I posted. You'll see different windows have different button! functions.
Got it........thanks. I didn't notice the first time there were 2 different Delete buttons.

Sorry for being such a pain.

Thanks again!!!
ferdelta

Post by ferdelta »

In version 52.4.0 I did the following:
Go to Options -> Advanced -> Config Editor
Click on "I accept the risk" :D
Look for mail.close_message_window.on_delete and double click to change it to true
Enjoy!
James

Post by James »

ferdelta, Please check the dates of the threads especially if you found this by a search engine search and not the Advanced forum search http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.php

Locking this over twelve year old thread.