Whats going on with TB?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Noel8

Whats going on with TB?

Post by Noel8 »

I have had it for years and only the last few updates seem to have screwed up this once wonderful email client. Only this morning, TB inform me its updating it. In the past, each time I tried to send an email to a familiar party, all I had to do is type one letter into the Send box and TB would take care of the rest by including the entire address. It does not do that anymore. Today, I sent an email and received immediately that it was undeliverable and at the left hand bottom is says its loading the message and you wait and wait and nothing happens. I receive emails from known parties that may include from time to time a pdf article, a jpg picture, and a link and nothing appears in the main body of the email. At the bottom, is does show a file..I have to save it in order to read it by going to my windows explorer and read it from the folder there. This is rediculous. I checked my inbox of all my address's and there is not one folder that says .msf with Inbox. The only ones that i do see is just one folder "Inbox' with NO extension...all this mind you while TB is trying to get us to pay for it, no less. I would a few years ago when it was ideal.
DanRaisch

Re: Whats going on with TB?

Post by DanRaisch »

Well, first, Thunderbird is still free so I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that TB is trying to get us to pay for it.

Secondly, if you check you may find that displaying a JPG or link in the message is simply a matter of changing a setting such as View->Message body as->Original HTML or View->Display attachments inline.

The issue with the outgoing message may relate to a lag in the auto-completion of the email address. If you entered the first letter of the intended address and then pressed the "Enter" key or "Tab" key it may be that Thunderbird did not populate the address before you moved the cursor, resulting in only that first letter being present as the address. That would, naturally, be interpreted as an invalid email address.

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
wsmwk

Re: Whats going on with TB?

Post by wsmwk »

You've posted several isssues in teh last 6 months, which speaks to your frustration. But I don't think Thunderbird updates have anything to do with them. In chrono order:
- viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2899649
- viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2908229
- viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2908229
- viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2927903

#1 What is your antivirus program?? And MAKE SURE it is not scanning your thunderbird profile directory https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Te ... nce_Issues

#2 I would be productive for you and us I think, if you were to post one topic per issue and then stick with that topic on the issue is resolved. Repeating an issue in other topics, or multiple issues in a topic gets confusing.
#2a How attachments get opened was addressed in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2927903 and viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2927627 - I suggest pick on and pursue that issue there

There are still a couple addressing issues in composing messages - they are being addressed.