Unable to send e-mails with Lightning enabled

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
elboreth

Re: Unable to send e-mails with Lightning enabled

Post by elboreth »

Hi,

Thank you for the solution. I also run Avast but use Seamonkey. Had the same problem after uploading the latest Avast. I'm not a techie and it took me a few minutes to figure out the exclusion feature of Avast. But I got it. Thx again.
Uncle Marc

Post by Uncle Marc »

I've just tried the fix of adding an exclusion (I did it both in the General tab and the other tab for Active Protection).

I use Seamonkey (v 2.38) and its mail program under Windows XP (SP3).

What I'd noticed was that anytime I tried to send an attachment (usually a Word document - .rtf file), it would give me that unable to send the file file error cited in the original post. If I created a contact in my Address Book/Collected Addresses and listed that the contact prefers to receive mail formated as Html, the email would send normally. If the contact was an existing one, I still had to toggle the preferred formatting to HTML.

I had despaired of having to make that change for every contact that needed something attached and hoped there would be a global solution, so I hope the fix takes.

Thanks!
waltdaniels

Post by waltdaniels »

elboreth wrote:Hi,

Thank you for the solution. I also run Avast but use Seamonkey. Had the same problem after uploading the latest Avast. I'm not a techie and it took me a few minutes to figure out the exclusion feature of Avast. But I got it. Thx again.
How do I find the exclusion feature in Avast, and how to use it? I have this same problem just using Avast and Thunderbird.
Walt Daniels in New Burlington, a quiet suburb of Cincinnati
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

waltdaniels

Post by waltdaniels »

waltdaniels wrote:
elboreth wrote:Hi,

How do I find the exclusion feature in Avast, and how to use it? I have this same problem just using Avast and Thunderbird.
Thanks for the detailed explanation on using the exclusions.... Seems to have fixed my problem! THANKS!
Walt Daniels in New Burlington, a quiet suburb of Cincinnati