Message Filter Help

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rabbit

Message Filter Help

Post by rabbit »

I want to move messages that have been read or marked as read to an archive folder using the Message Filter function.

[NOTE: I tried searching on "Message Filter" in both Boards and Knowledge Base only to receive 404 messages from Google. If this question has already been answered, please just point me to it.]

I created a filter but didn't know what to choose from the Apply Filter When options. Choosing Manually says that I have to invoke the filter. I'd like for it be an automatic process anytime I've opened then closed messages or when I've otherwise marked them as 'read.'

Is there a way to do this?
DanRaisch

Re: Message Filter Help

Post by DanRaisch »

Nope. Automatic filtering is only available on new, incoming messages. Messages already in the Inbox or other folder will not trigger filters by being read or taggest, etc. Such filters have to be triggered manually. You could do that just before closing Thunderbird at the end of a session but you'd have to remember to do that.
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Thanks, Dan!

Do you know if there are any add-ins that will allow me to do what I want?

r
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

I use an extension that puts a "Run filters on folder" button in my toolbar. Clicking it manually runs all my filters defined for that account on the currently-viewed folder.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunde ... rs-button/
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers