Contraction the resultMessages under the email in the Outbox

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
MissArmyStarUSBerlin

Contraction the resultMessages under the email in the Outbox

Post by MissArmyStarUSBerlin »

Hello, my Language is german.

My problem is that I very often MDN and DSN use. Very often I get more than just a report message per mailed email: An or more DSN messages, by the receiving email-servers the own report messages and the MDN messages. It then come so always many messages in, in the Inbox. This is bad for the investigate in the Inbox.

Report and MDN messages should be contracted under the sent email in the Outbox:

• Contracted

Code: Select all

[Outbox]
                                      %Regard%                                                         %Receiver%                            %Date and time%
         +| "No activation-E-Mail for forums.mozillazine.org"                                    | kerz@craptastic.org                  | 07.08.2001 13:05:33 |

• Expands

Code: Select all

[Outbox]
                                      %Regard%                                                         %Receiver%                            %Date and time%
         -| "No activation-E-Mail for forums.mozillazine.org"                                    | kerz@craptastic.org                  | 07.08.2001 13:05:33 |
                                      %Regard%                                                         %Sennder%                             %Date and time%
            #| "Successful Mail Delivery Report"                                                 | Mail Delivery System                 | 07.08.2001 13:11:48 |
            #| "Successful Mail Delivery Report"                                                 | MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery System) | 07.08.2001 13:11:56 |
            #| "Zugestellt: No activation-E-Mail for forums.mozillazine.org"                     | cssadmin@craptastic.org              | 07.08.2001 13:19:12 |
            @| "Return Receipt (read): No activation-E-Mail for forums.mozillazine.org"          | kerz@craptastic.org                  | 07.08.2001 13:19:12 |

@ = MDN
Last edited by MissArmyStarUSBerlin on August 24th, 2015, 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ArmyStar U.S. Berlin
LoudNoise

Re: Contraction the resultMessages under the email in the Ou

Post by LoudNoise »

Are using Firefox or Thunderbird?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
MissArmyStarUSBerlin

LoudNoise wrote:Are using Firefox or Thunderbird?

How do you mean?

I use Thunderbird and Firefox but my theme here is for Thunderbird!
ArmyStar U.S. Berlin
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

With this problem, are you using Thunderbird or Firefox?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
MissArmyStarUSBerlin

LoudNoise wrote:With this problem, are you using Thunderbird or Firefox?

Lol. Sorry! My mistake, I clicked on the wrong sub-forum. Please move, thank you!
ArmyStar U.S. Berlin
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving :)
Post wrangler
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

MissArmyStarUSBerlin wrote:My problem is that I very often MDN and DSN use. Very often I get more than just a report message per mailed email: An or more DSN messages, by the receiving email-servers the own report messages and the MDN messages. It then come so always many messages in, in the Inbox. This is bad for the investigate in the Inbox.

I suggest you create a message filter to automatically move any new MDN and DSN messages from your inbox to your "Sent" folder. You could have it move them elsewhere if you want, but they should not be stored in the "Outbox" folder (or one of its child folders) as that is meant only for storing queued messages, waiting to be sent.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Message_Filters
http://en.flossmanuals.net/thunderbird/filters/ (a tutorial on how to use message filters)
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Outbox
MissArmyStarUSBerlin

tanstaafl wrote:
MissArmyStarUSBerlin wrote:My problem is that I very often MDN and DSN use. Very often I get more than just a report message per mailed email: An or more DSN messages, by the receiving email-servers the own report messages and the MDN messages. It then come so always many messages in, in the Inbox. This is bad for the investigate in the Inbox.

I suggest you create a message filter to automatically move any new MDN and DSN messages from your inbox to your "Sent" folder. You could have it move them elsewhere if you want, but they should not be stored in the "Outbox" folder (or one of its child folders) as that is meant only for storing queued messages, waiting to be sent.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Message_Filters
http://en.flossmanuals.net/thunderbird/filters/ (a tutorial on how to use message filters)
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Outbox

This possibility was aware but it is not an option for me!

Because if I want to see if an email has arrived, I have to look awkward by date and time, and it would also be uncertain. It is even worse if I must search, for example, after 2 months for the DSN report. For example, if I have to provide a proof of dispatch.

So I had created this subject also in a "Features"-subforum. Thanks!
ArmyStar U.S. Berlin