Too many deletes beyond my intent

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

Too many deletes beyond my intent

Post by walkerpbus »

Somehow when I am viewing input messages & I intend to delete the one I'm viewing, it deletes multiples. It's happened too many times to be an accident, I want to delete the one I'm viewing and move to the next one. Please tell me how I can do that safely: the only way I can be safe now is to exit the message then delete it
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Re: Too many deletes beyond my intent

Post by tanstaafl »

Try using another mouse. As mice get old they can double click when you meant to single click due to the microswitch becoming faulty or the plastic that touches being worn down a bit. Another possibility is that you need to play with the mouse auto-repeat settings in the windows control panel.

If none of that helps try using keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:Try using another mouse. As mice get old they can double click when you meant to single click due to the microswitch becoming faulty or the plastic that touches being worn down a bit. Another possibility is that you need to play with the mouse auto-repeat settings in the windows control panel.

If none of that helps try using keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse.
Who said mouse? I was using a keyboard shortcut as far as I know: the del key
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You didn't say what you used so I had to guess. See if the problem appears if you use the mouse to delete it. If that works around the problem then I'd suspect either a mechanical problem, or you need to tweak the auto-repeat settings in the keyboard control panel. You could also try setting the Thunderbird shortcuts compatibility setting (in its properties) to Windows 7.