Mail attachments of more than 3000KB

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tanstaafl

Re: Mail attachments of more than 3000KB

Post by tanstaafl »

The example you gave appeared to have been sent using AppleMail. Its not unusual to have problems when somebody using AppleMail sends a message with an attachment to somebody running Windows because the file systems are so different. For example, problems dealing with "Content-Type: multipart/appledouble;" . In your last post somebody sent you a large .eml attachment with no problem. Did they use AppleMail to do that?
Jeanb

Post by Jeanb »

Thanks tanstaafl ... re the last part of your post. The original .eml attachment did not come from AppleMail. My correspondent sent me a smaller part of the file, also .eml which came through and opened OK. She subsequently converted the complete file to pdf and this was also fine.

So I haven`t yet got an explanation for the original problem, but I have found a way to work around it. I have opened a gmail account, and have received two or three attachments of fairly large size - documents and images - without any difficulty.

I am still a bit niggled, but I can live with this.

Thanks to all for your comments and advice. JeanB
Jeanb

Post by Jeanb »

P.S. to my post of 4th April. It gives the impression that I have abandoned Thunderbird for Gmail. Not so. I am very happy with T.Bird with the exception of the problem already discussed. JeanB