thunderbird 38.7.2 incorrect msg in preview

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
dmatusow

thunderbird 38.7.2 incorrect msg in preview

Post by dmatusow »

I am using Thunderbird 38.7.2 and have run into a few issues.

1. the incorrect message is showing in the preview window
The inbox shows a message, but this is NOT the message displayed in the preview windows. It is also the wrong message even when I open the message (click on the message to open just it)

2. message not displayed at all in preview or selected
A message is chosen in the Inbox, but there is NO displayed message in either preview or when the message is opened

3. Messages are not downloaded unless the mouse continues to be moved
The download starts but will not complete until the mouse is moved around
DanRaisch

Re: thunderbird 38.7.2 incorrect msg in preview

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.

Is this a new installation of Thunderbird or one that has been working but now has this issue?
How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
dmatusow

Post by dmatusow »

This is running POP3. It's an long existent installation. The mouse issue has been there for quite a while. It's annoying!

I repaired the folder and re-indexed and now the preview is working. I have Norton and it showed an issue with an email and we put it into quarantine. It started just after that. I thought maybe it was an issue with the index, so I did the above.

I saw that there were issues with the mouse and not sure why this is happening. It's very strange!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur in regard to the mouse if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode