Screen That Appears For Writing

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ve6tp

Screen That Appears For Writing

Post by ve6tp »

Hi:
When I want to write an e-mail and click on the "write" icon, I do get the form to write the letter But my problem is that it shows no writing options I can select.

To get this form with all the normal options such as "color", Underline etc. I have to hold the shift key down and press the "write" icon, Then all the options show. How do I correct this so that when I just click on the "write" icon. it opens with all the writing options showing?
makaiguy

Re: Screen That Appears For Writing

Post by makaiguy »

Menu Path:
  • [If running on Windows or OSX]: Tools | Account Settings, or
    [If running on Linux]: Edit | Account Settings
.. then, in the left pane, under EACH account name, Composition & Addressing
In the right pane:
[√] Compose messages in HTML format

After you set it this way, the message composition window will come up with the HTML control menu visible.

Should you ever wish to compose in plain text, shift-Write will bring up the non-HTML version you are getting now.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving from Firefox Support to Thunderbird Support.
ve6tp

Post by ve6tp »

Hi makaiguy;

Thank you so much. This was driving me absolutely crazy. I knew there must be a way to correct this but just couldn't figure it. I guess there is truth to the old saying "the older you get, the more stupid you become". I worked on this for about 2 weeks. Never even came close to the answer.

Well thanks to you I can get some sleep now.

The forum is lucky to have members like you.

Thank you again.

Best regards

ve6tp
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Glad to be able to help.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers