Is there a Classic Theme Restorer (CTR) for ThB like for FF?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
McKenna

Is there a Classic Theme Restorer (CTR) for ThB like for FF?

Post by McKenna »

Hello!

Is there a way to get a good old, reliable and workable interface back into Thunderbird like we can do with FF with Classic Theme Restorer? Every time I turn around, Thunderbird is getting further and further away from a good, working interface into the minimalist crap that seems to be the trend and away from elegant form and function and simplicity? Been away from Window$ for a year and now with a new PC, trying to get reliable working email client like I had in my old ThB.

Anyone know of anything like CTR that for Thunderbird?

Thanks!
LIMPET235

Re: Is there a Classic Theme Restorer (CTR) for ThB like for

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...

&, No. I've never seen anything that is suitable.
Someone may know.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Do you have the Menu Bar enabled? Right click in the Tab bar and add a check mark for it.

That might help.

Don't really understand your problem. Could you elaborate?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You can't just rollback the user interface changes but you can undo some of them using several add-ons such as squared australis tabs , classic TB2 and classic toolbar buttons. I second WLS's request that you elaborate on exactly what you want to do. The user interface doesn't seem minimalist to me when all of the toolbars are enabled (and I'm not using Lightning, which is normally installed by default in new installations). They've also restored some built-in features such as the extra folder columns in the folder pane that they had moved to separate add-ons.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_6.0%2C_etc. documents how to undo several changes using userChrome.css code