Thunderbird 45.3.0 email autocomplete slow

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rxy158

Thunderbird 45.3.0 email autocomplete slow

Post by rxy158 »

Just installed Thunderbird 45.3.0. Every time I type in an email address in the "To" line, now have a spinning wheel for 5 seconds or so. Spinning wheel starts when I type the "@" in the email address. Happens with every email address I enter in an email, so this is very time consuming. Is anyone else having this issue with 45.3.0? I did not have this issue with the previous version.
tanstaafl

Re: Thunderbird 45.3.0 email autocomplete slow

Post by tanstaafl »

I can't reproduce your problem with 45.3.0 or 50.0a2 (today's Earlybird build). I haven't noticed any other threads with similar problems.

I normally never type a '@' as usually entering three or four characters is enough for the auto-complete list box to be useful. Are you sure you need to type that many characters?

See if the same problem occurs in safe mode (help -> restart with add-ons disabled), perhaps its a side effect of an add-on that doesn't work correctly with 45.3.0. If that doesn't help see if one of the other methods in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Enter_email_addresses could be used as an interim workaround..

"The compose message window has a optional Contacts Sidebar. You can enable it by either pressing F9 or selecting View -> Contacts Sidebar. The setting is sticky. The Contacts Sidebar lists the names of each contact (in the selected address book). You can select one or more and either press the "Add to To:", "Add to Cc:" or "Add to Bcc:" button, or drag and drop them to the desired header line. You can enter a name in its "Search for" field and it will hide any entries that don't match what you're typing (sort of similar to auto complete). The list box normally displays just the contacts name but if you click on the column control (its a squiggly little square on the right) for that sidebar you can also select a "Email" column. "
rykasimba

Re: Thunderbird 45.3.0 email autocomplete slow

Post by rykasimba »

I am facing this issue too! I just tried to add the MoreFunctionsForAddressBook that did not fix it either.