Thunderbird mail message bugs

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
royeladio

Thunderbird mail message bugs

Post by royeladio »

I am using Thunderbird 45.4.0 and after trying many things I still get the partial squiggly red line problem on my outgoing mail and my paragraph format drop down will not stay at Body Text but instead defaults to paragraph.
Then on my income mail that has embedded links to URL's, the links will not take me to my default browser or open a PDF viewer when I click on them. It just sits there as if it was an empty link.
I love this program and I've been using it for ever but these are becoming a real nuisance any help will be appreciated.
thank you,
royeladio
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird mail message bugs

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.

1. Use menu path Tools->Options->Composition->General->uncheck "When using paragraph format, the enter key creates a new paragraph."

2. When you click on a link in Thunderbird it sends a call to the operating system to launch the default browser. When the OS does not "remember" what application is to be the default, nothing happens, just as you have seen. See this link to set the default browser -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_Your_Default_Browser
royeladio

Post by royeladio »

Thank you DanRaisch, most helpful with the paragraph format and there were some file extensions incorrectly set.
I still have the red squiggly lines during message write, I will make a screenshot and post to explain.
Thanks
royeladio
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The red squiggly lines indicate misspelled words. Check to ensure that you have the correct dictionary installed for your language/locale. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... age-tools/