email next page appears automatically?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ronshouse

email next page appears automatically?

Post by ronshouse »

when I am looking at an open email message and delete it, I would like the next closed email to automatically open. 8-)

Any method of achieving this? ](*,)

I love the small imprint of T-Bird!!

sciolist
tanstaafl

Re: email next page appears automatically?

Post by tanstaafl »

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Delete_a_mess ... er_message

Thunderbird will normally automatically open the next message if you delete the message that you are reading. This is due to it selecting the next message as a sideffect of deleting the current message. Did you change the default behavior of the previous/next buttons per http://kb.mozillazine.org/Next_and_Prev ... _correctly?

Are you reading messages using a new tab, new window, or the message pane (beneath the folder listing)?

See if your problem is due to a add-on by temporarily disabling them using "help -> restart with add-ons disabled"
ronshouse

Post by ronshouse »

Thanks tanstaafl.

The sites you referred me to are way above this Senior Citizen's head.

Under option-diplay-advanced should "a new tab" "a new message window" or "an existing message window be enabled?

Anything else that should be enabled in this dialog box? Thought I would try clearing this up first.
Thanks

I did not change the previous or next buttons as I would not know how to do this.
Ron
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Under option-diplay-advanced should "a new tab" "a new message window" or "an existing message window be enabled?"

Its your choice, based on personal preference. However, selecting "an existing message window" might be easiest for you. Personally, I don't check any of them and enable the message pane using view -> layout -> message pane instead. That works well for me because I have a large monitor.