Delete and erect new email account.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ronshouse

Delete and erect new email account.

Post by ronshouse »

I need to delete my current email (Hotmail) account and install a (Gmail) account. ](*,)
Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks
Robin
LIMPET235

Re: Delete and erect new email account.

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You can retain any messages you wish to keep from the Hotmail account by moving them to sub-folders of Thunderbird's Local Folders structure.

To remove an existing account use menu path Tools->Account Settings->click on the name of the Hotmail account in the left hand pane->click on the "Account Actions" button at the bottom of that pane->click on "Remove Account" to delete the Hotmail account.

To add a new account use the same menu path, Tools->Account Settings->click on the "Account Actions" button at the bottom of that pane->but this time click on "Add Mail Account" to add the Gmail account. The New Account Wizard will walk you through the setup.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

You do not need to remove the existing Hotmail account in order to install a Gmail account (although with all the problems Hotmail and Outlook seem to be having lately, getting out of Hotmail doesn't sound like too bad of an idea).

TBird can nicely handle more than one account at a time. You can wait until you have the Gmail account working before deleting Hotmail.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
ronshouse

Post by ronshouse »

Thanks everyone!

Just one more question (I hope).
Can the entries on the folder list be moved? I would like my account name to be on top. Now, local folder is on top.

Thanks again
:lol:
Robin
[/img]
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Is the account you added set up to use the Global Inbox option?