Email Passwords Not Storing Or Working Since Update

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
brinzlee

Email Passwords Not Storing Or Working Since Update

Post by brinzlee »

Hi
I am having an issue since the last update was just installed (45.6.0 on Windows 10)....had no issues before hand...Always the top account asks for a password, re-enter it and nothing happens....delete the account re-enter the details and you can't set up a new account it keeps asking for the password when trying to setup the account....Its very Odd......not sure what else to retry.....can you download an install the previous version on Thunderbird ?
Kind regards
Brinzlee
DanRaisch

Re: Email Passwords Not Storing Or Working Since Update

Post by DanRaisch »

With Thunderbird closed, navigate to the profile folder and locate and delete the files key3.db and signons.sqlite. Restart Thunderbird and proceed.
brinzlee

Post by brinzlee »

Ok I have tried that....and that didn't work either.....I have downgraded to the previous version and that hasn't worked either....Its all a bit of a mess now !!
brinzlee

Post by brinzlee »

Thunderbird hadn't shut down properly and then crashed.....so deleted the files as you suggested again after a clean re-boot and all appears working now......The only thing is I did downgrade the software version to previous, I'm a little reluctant to upgrade again in case there is a bug there.....Thanks for your help Dan
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I'm running version 45.6..0 under Windows 10 and don't see any problems at all. It's more likely a problem in your Thunderbird profile caused the problem rather than the update itself being the cause.

If you want to update again you could backup the profile so you could easily revert to a working set up if the problem reappears -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup
brinzlee

Post by brinzlee »

Thank you very much for your help.....I had multiple problems in the end....not related to Thunderbird....It appears that two of my IMAP accounts were down purely by coincidence.....That will teach me to over react and and another two IMAP accounts had been enabled with two factor authentication so wanted alternative passwords.....So it appeared the upgrade had screwed it but hadn't at all......I like the back up utility and will run that now and then upgrade again......Once again many thanks Dan
Kind regards
Brinzlee
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.