MozillaZine

Is there any automation for bulk adding eMail accounts?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
undefined334

Post Posted January 1st, 2017, 6:09 pm

Hey there,

I have to add around 120 IMAP accounts to thunderbird.
Is there a way to edit a file or to get them pulled from excell oder a CSV or am I doomed to do one by one?

Looks like this:
support@webproject001.com-Password
support@webproject002.com-Password
support@webproject003.com-Password
support@webproject004.com-Password
support@webproject005.com-Password
support@webproject006.com-Password
support@webproject007.com-Password
support@webproject008.com-Password
support@webproject009.com-Password

Thanks

tanstaafl

Post Posted January 2nd, 2017, 5:27 am

Not that I'm aware of. The utilities mentioned in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Configuration ... nistrators are mainly for remote deployment. You could manually edit prefs.js after adding one account normally (so that you have something to copy & paste, and then edit) if you understand its syntax, but I wouldn't recommend it. Using the Add Mail Account Manually add-on might be quickest as it will eliminate testing that the username/password can be used to login and the delay while it searches for configuration data in the Mozilla ISP database.

If you own your own domain I suggest you investigate whether you can configure the mail server to store all mail sent to any address in that domain in one mailbox. That would let you add a single account in Thunderbird. You could add a multiple identity for each address to the account so that you could send using any of the 120 addresses as the From: address.

Return to Thunderbird Support