How to get into Inbox

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ernest123

How to get into Inbox

Post by ernest123 »

Hello,
The issue: few years ago, I have downloaded all my gmail emails by TB portable. I saved this folder with all data and today I opened the TB, but it does nothing. The Inbox file is 4GB large, so there must be something, but how to open it? it loaded like 180 mails and no more. I renamed the Inbox file to "1" then launched TB and folder "1" was created, opened it, it's loading and loading. After a 30 seconds or so nothing happens.
So, in that 4GB Inbox is something, but I do not know how to open and browse it. Do you have any ideas how to?
thanks a lot.
ernest
DanRaisch

Re: How to get into Inbox

Post by DanRaisch »

That four Gig Inbox size may be problematic. Thunderbird has at least a theoretical limit of 4GB for message file size as per this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Limits_-_Thunderbird

That said, if you continued to wait, did folder "1" ever complete loading?
Where did that folder "1" appear? In the original account or under Local Folders?
How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
ernest123

Post by ernest123 »

Its pop. And that "1" appear in under the original account. Local folders are empty, there is only "to be sent" and thats also empty...

that 1658 is again downloaded pop (it created new Inbox of like 1 Gig), but that 4 Gig is the folder "1" and when I click it, it loads like in the screen, then it stops loading after 30 second, and still after 2 hours, nothing opens... the TAB where the messages are normally shown is blank.. 0 unread, 0 in total.. (bottom right)

EDIT:
when I try to search in that 1 folder, it's also without any messages or results..

EDIT2:
when I rename that 1 to for example 22, its shown as 22 where that 1 was. but when i rename it to Inbox, it's not shown anywhere... So im not sure if this information helps in any way... maybe when its named as Inbox, then its under some default general folder...
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
To post images here, you have to upload them to a hosting site & just post the [img] link here.
ref; > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
Please keep them to around 600 x 500 or so.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)