Customize column headers

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
zoney70

Customize column headers

Post by zoney70 »

Is there a way to customize the list of email headers that can be configured in the message list pane? The list appears to be hardwired.

Specifically, I want to add "Delivery-date:" as a selectable header. My server's MTA (exim) is configured to add this header to EVERY email it delivers. Therefore, this is the most reliable date-time header in each email.

Perhaps an add-on does this?
zoney70

Re: Customize column headers

Post by zoney70 »

A few articles on the web indicate that user preference "mailnews.customDBHeaders" is intended to be what I am looking for. As in:
user_pref( "mailnews.customDBHeaders", "delivery-date");

However, adding this preference to user.js appears to do nothing. (Yes, I forced the inbox to reload using repair.) The field still does not appear in the
alta88

Re: Customize column headers

Post by alta88 »

What you want to search for in addons is an extension that either creates a custom column Delivery-Date or allows you to generically select a custom column based on some header. It is certainly possible to implement such a thing using the nsIMsgCustomColumnHandler api in Tb.

The customDBHeaders pref just ensures that header is added to your message db as a property/value, it doesn't create a sortable column in threadpane, but could be a prerequisite for a custom column implementation.