Importing emails from windows live mail (windows 7)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rogerj2

Importing emails from windows live mail (windows 7)

Post by rogerj2 »

I have read the guide and one relevant forum thread..So I downloaded the import/export tool.
So Now I have the option to" import messages" or"import all messages from a directory" BUT the option arrow > on the right hand edge of the later does nothing....So I can't proceed. What can I be doing wrong ?
edited for clarity and added this screen grab..
Last edited by rogerj2 on January 14th, 2017, 9:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
LIMPET235

Re: Importing emails from windows live mail (windows 7)

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Before using that menu path, have you selected a sub-folder of Local Folders or a folder within a POP type account into which the messages will be imported?
rogerj2

Post by rogerj2 »

Thank you for the reply..I needed to try Thunderbird after doing a clean install of win 7 and finding it's no longer possible to download Win Live Mail from MS.
However, thanks to some help from a friend, I have now managed to get WLmail and so am not trying to transfer to Thunderbird any more.
The answer to Dan's question was that I hadn't selected any folder before reaching the stage shown in the OP because I hadn't seen any mention of need to do so..Normally such a request pops up at the stage where it is needed..
Thanks for responding...Roger