Send Later can't save message with return alias

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
WindsurferLA

Send Later can't save message with return alias

Post by WindsurferLA »

This is probably an issue for the developer of SendLater, but I don't know how to communicate with him/her.

Thunderbird is set to collect mail from more than two e-mail addresses.

"Send Later" works perfectly on my prime account where the e-mail address, account name, and outgoing server are all basically the same.
"Send now" works perfectly on alternative account, but
"send later" returns error message when used on alternative account, It says, "There was an error saving the message to Drafts, Retry?" . If I click "Cancel," my message get lost / wipe-out as best I can tell. If I click OK, the error message reappears.

If before asking to send a message from the alternative account, I change the "from" to indicate my prime account, then "Send Later" works just fine.

As far a I can tell, the alternative account is configured the same as the prime account. The account name is the name of the e-mail account on the InMotionHosting.com server, and the Outgoing SMPT server is listed as that same "account name - secure164.inmotionhosting.com"

Suggestions are welcome.
makaiguy

Re: Send Later can't save message with return alias

Post by makaiguy »

For the account in question, try this:

Right click on the Drafts folder (since that's what is mentioned in the error), select Properties, then click the "Repair folder" button.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
WindsurferLA

Post by WindsurferLA »

Thanks for suggestion, but "repair folder" does not cure the problem.

When checking out your suggestion, I realized that perhaps the problem is at my end and not with "SendLater", but I can't find it. Furthermore, I now realize that second account is not trying to send mail under an alias name as it does have its own account at InmotionHosting.com.

Once again, this is situation. I have two e-mail accounts (among others) hosted by InmotionHosting.com. let's call them aaa@zzz.biz and bbb@zzz.biz. SendLater works fine on the first (which is at the top of my list of accounts) but not on the second. Other than how the names are listed in Thunderbird, I can find no differences in the account settings.

Mail sent to each is posted in the appropriate Thunderbird mail account.

The settings for account aaa has the
POP mail server being secure164.inmotionhosting.com with a user name of aaa@zzz.biz
Outgoing SMTO: aaa@zzz.biz - secure164.inmotionhosting.com whose details show it having port 465
Drafts are kept in "drafts' folder on aaa@zzz.biz

The settings for account bbb has the
POP mail server being secure164.inmotionhosting.com with a user name of bbb@zzz.biz
Outgoing SMTO: bbb@zzz.biz - secure164.inmotionhosting.com whose details show it having port 465
Drafts are kept in "drafts' folder on bbb@zzz.biz

My problem is not so much that I can't delay the sending of mail from the second account as the loss of the message if I select send later, because message vanishes when I exit the "try again" loop. Again, I can send mail, without a SendLater delay, from either account w/o problem, but SendLater on works on account aaa@zzz.biz

Again .. any thoughts are welcome.
Last edited by WindsurferLA on February 16th, 2017, 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
WindsurferLA

Post by WindsurferLA »

Correction to initial posting has been made: in each case the outgoing server is "secure164.inmotionhosting.com" and not "165"
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Outbox

You only need the Send Later add-on if you want to schedule the sending time. I suggest you disable it and see if you have a problem with using File –> Send Later (or pressing Ctrl+Shift+Return) to save the message in the Outbox folder in Local Folders. The Outbox folder is also used by the Send Later add-on.

"If before asking to send a message from the alternative account, I change the "from" to indicate my prime account, then "Send Later" works just fine." sounds like the Drafts folder doesn't exist with the other identity. Check each accounts copies & folders settings to verify they specify a Drafts folder that actually exists. If you are using POP accounts consider using a common Drafts folder such as the one in Local Folders.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Moved from Thunderbird Bugs to Thunderbird Support as you are not discussing workarounds to a confirmed bug filed in the Bugzilla database.