E-Mail Account Problem...

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Linda Latte

E-Mail Account Problem...

Post by Linda Latte »

Thursday February 16 2017, 12:10 PM

Hi All,
When I first started using TB, years back, I entered 4 e-mail accountts successfully, one right after the other, and they've worked fine.
When I check for mail and get a msg or 2 I see the subject of the mail in the Subject line and the name of the sender in the adjacent Correspondents line. This is fine.
Today I added a 5th e-mail. I did a 'Tools / Account Settings / Account Actions & Add Mail Account. Easy peasy!
BUT BUT BUT !!!
If I look in the left panel where my Local Folders and all of my folders are, I now see the NEW e-mail address I just added is NOT in my LOCAL FOLDERS as all 4 old e-mail addresses work from. It is ABOVE my original LOCAL FOLDERS and IT has an 'envelope' symbol and an arrow. If I click the arrow I see the NEW e-mail has its own Inbox and Trash !!
I do not want this. I don't want the new e-mail separate all by itself but want it included with the original 4.
What do I do to have this new e-mail working below the original LOCAL FOLDERS?
Thank you!

Linda
tanstaafl

Re: E-Mail Account Problem...

Post by tanstaafl »

Older versions of Thunderbird defaulted to configuring POP accounts to use a "global inbox". That hid the account from the folder pane and had the account use the folders in "Local Folders" rather than its own folders. Recent versions of Thunderbird default to using the POP accounts folders. However, you can re-configure a POP account to use a global inbox. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Global_Inbox for how to do that. If you do that you should only see Local Folders in the folder pane on the left.

Or did I misunderstand the question?
Linda Latte

Re: E-Mail Account Problem...

Post by Linda Latte »

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless you. IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy.

Are you married? <giggles>

Linda

A funny for your kind effort:

Fairy Tale:
A long time ago, there lived a woman.
She did not nag, bitch, or rant.
But, it was just that one day.
And it was a long time ago. :)
The End