Thunderbird misbehaving for one user

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Another User

Thunderbird misbehaving for one user

Post by Another User »

Yesterday I discovered Thunderbird was not sending my gmail messages, even though they appeared in the Sent folder. I decided to delete the gmail account and then recreate it. My problem is that nothing happens (i.e., no new window opens) when I click on the "Skip this and use my existing account" button on the Welcome to Thunderbird window. I tried reinstalling the software and I tried reverting to an earlier version. Neither solved the problem. This morning I opened Thunderbird from another account on my computer and the new account creation windows opened as they always have in the past. That suggests something in my User profile, rather than the software itself, is causing the problem. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem for one user account only?
Another User

Re: Thunderbird misbehaving for one user

Post by Another User »

For what it's worth, the profile had become corrupted. I saved the Mail folder and abook.mab (address book), deleted the profile, restarted Thunderbird (which created a new profile), and reestablished my email accounts with no problem. I then replaced the Mail and address book with those I had saved. All seems to be back to normal.