Opening Thunderbird in foreground? And attaching files!

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Rogueblue

Opening Thunderbird in foreground? And attaching files!

Post by Rogueblue »

Hi

Real frustrating. I started using Thunderbird again, was quite excited, but now there are these things that are issues.
When opening Thunderbird from clicking tray icon, if I have any other apps and windows open before hand, Thunderbird always opens its window BUT behind all the other windows/apps. Is it possible to have Thunderbird open in front of any other window app just like normals apps should?

Also, is there any way to drag and drop an attachment into the new message window? Instead of having to browse from the "attach" button.

Please help.
TIA
Rob
DanRaisch

Re: Opening Thunderbird in foreground? And attaching files!

Post by DanRaisch »

Where Thunderbird appears when opened is controlled by Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 8eb7ef7c2b

You can add attachments to a message during composition by dragging and dropping files onto the right hand side of the address entry block of the message.
Rogueblue

Post by Rogueblue »

DanRaisch wrote:Where Thunderbird appears when opened is controlled by Windows. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... /en-us/win ... 8eb7ef7c2b</a><!-- m -->

You can add attachments to a message during composition by dragging and dropping files onto the right hand side of the address entry block of the message.
Hi

It might be easy to blame windows, but in all time I been using windows 7 I haven't had this with any other app. Its only Tunderbird that does this. Is there any way I can have focus brought to Thunderbird and Thunderbird brought to top foreground when clicking tray TB icon?

Regarding attachment, awesome thank you.

TIA
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

See the first of the two links I posted above to see how other people with that problem with other programs dealt with it.
Rogueblue

Post by Rogueblue »

DanRaisch wrote:See the first of the two links I posted above to see how other people with that problem with other programs dealt with it.
Only one link i see and the replies did not help in that link post