Verizon is dropping email after 3/31

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
lovemyfoxy

Re: Verizon is dropping email after 3/31

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I don't see anyone at the Vz site using TB.

It says here to enter my old PW and then new PW, but TB never asks me for the PW, because it's stored.
https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-m ... ation-pop3
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS >SECURITY > PASSWORDS tab> SAVED PASSWORDS button and there you can delete old passwords. Restart Thunderbird to ensure that the stored password is cleared from memory. The next time you "Get Mail" Thunderbird will ask for the password and you can check the box to remember the value.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

OK.
Next step is to get an AOL screenname?
And then I set my accounts up here?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_AOL_Mai ... ozilla#AIM
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Don't know. That's information you should get from Verizon.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:I don't see anyone at the Vz site using TB.

It says here to enter my old PW and then new PW, but TB never asks me for the PW, because it's stored.
https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-m ... ation-pop3
Did you go to your My Verizon site, login and select Option 1? If not that is what you need to do, and the instructions are very clear.

After I migrated and attempted to Get Messages Thunderbird asked for the new password for my Verizon account. It also needs to be changed when sending mail.

If you need to go to AOL to check that no good messages are in your Spam folder (which I recommend) you will login with your Verizon email address and password. No need to setup an AOL account.

EDIT: Highly recommend checking the Spam folder. Twelve good messages found there today.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Blanked out my PWs, followed the link. myverizon is much of the website, not just one page. I just get a page of FAQs.

My friend and I both have Vz for our landline phones. A few months back they threatened that unless she switches from copper wire to FIOS, they'd turn off her phone. And they did. For a week. She finally got through to (supposedly) the right people and told them to turn it back on. The guy says he didn't know how.

DUH! THEY'RE THE PHONE COMPANY! THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO TURN THE SERVICE ON! After they did, she switched to Optonline Cable. Funny that when they were a monopoly, Bell Telephone, the service was 100x better than it is now.
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on March 22nd, 2017, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:Right now I can't get onto the Verizon site. They keep losing my username and/or PW, and I've already gone through 4 in 2 days.
Well, I hope you get that problem worked out, because you have to get there to migrate your Verizon account to AOL.

Once migrated and you have problems with Thunderbird, then you have a Thunderbird support question.

Good Luck!
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Then I have to start a new thread now.