How do I "Forward All" an email the same as "Reply All"?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
John_Ha

How do I "Forward All" an email the same as "Reply All"?

Post by John_Ha »

Is there a method (or an add-on) which allows me easily to forward an email thread I receive to all the other recipients of the email?

I receive an email thread and the email thread is copied to, say, twenty other people. I want to add a comment, and forward my comment and the entire thread, to those twenty people.

If I use Forward, I have to add the twenty IDs to the To: and cc: fields myself so, being idle, I am looking for a method where "Forward All" fills in all the IDs for me.

"Reply All" fills in all the email IDs, but "Reply All" does not send the email itself - it just sends my reply.

The best workaround I have is to highlight the email thread and go "Reply All" which fills in the email ID and sends a copy of the email.
Last edited by John_Ha on March 29th, 2017, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Re: How do I "Forward All" an email the same as "Reply All"?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't know of a good way to forward an entire thread. You could copy and paste the contents of the multiple messages into one message if its plain text. If the thread is available on google groups forwarding a link to that thread (in google groups) plus your comment would be a better solution.

If you're forwarding something to 20 people think about using a mailing list if its not the entire group. If its the entire list, there is built in support for reply to list, which you could convert as needed.
John_Ha

Post by John_Ha »

tanstaafl wrote:I don't know of a good way to forward an entire thread. You could copy and paste the contents of the multiple messages into one message if its plain text.
Thank you.

I am really looking for a "Forward All" button which works like the "Reply All" button so I can use it on any email.

I think a slightly better workaround is as above, namely:

1 Highlight the entire thread
2 choose Reply All

This fills the To: and cc: fields with the IDs and sends a "lines on the left side" copy of the thread to all of the email recipients.
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

Install MoreFunctionsForAddressBook: https://freeshell.de//~kaosmos/morecols-en.html Then right-click any cc recipient in the Message Header, Copy all recipients, then Forward the message, right-click in the To: box, Paste, and all recipients are entered, separated by commas. If you are doing this frequently with a set of recipients, you will notice that the add-on also offers the option to add the recipients to an address book or mailing list.
John_Ha

Post by John_Ha »

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for.